Teeth Whitening Options
Dramatically improve your smile in a single visit with office dental whitening. Your smile is one of the first things people notice. A brighter, whiter smile is beautiful and can help you feel better about yourself.
Often, a smile can be improved simply by whitening teeth that have stained and yellowed over time.
Teeth whitening or "bleaching" is one of the most popular areas of cosmetic dentistry. Even subtle changes in shading can take years off of your appearance. Several factors can contribute to the darkening of teeth, to include age, certain foods & drinks, smoking, and medications.
Office whitening and home whitening gel provide temporary results that require maintenance to keep your beautiful white smile. Dental whitening and home bleaching gel are often used together.
- Opalescence tooth whitening gel contains PF (potassium nitrate and fluoride), which helps maintain the health of enamel throughout the whitening process.
- Formulated to prevent dehydration and shade setback.
- Opalescence Go take-home whitening comes in 10% and 15% Hydrogen Peroxide concentration and with mint or melon flavor.
- Opalescence PF take-home whitening comes in 10%, 15%, 20%, or 35% Carbamide Peroxide concentration and with mint, melon or regular flavor
Teeth whitening options include:
- Dental veneers - a permanent solution to achieving a flawless smile in the tooth color you desire
- Opalescence in-office teeth whitening - changes teeth color up to several shades of white during a single treatment
- Opalescence home teeth whitening - can change teeth color up to 2 shades of white in a single night.
Dental Whitening Choices
Dental laminates/porcelain veneers
Not all teeth respond the same way to bleaching. Some teeth may be stained deep below the surface. Dental laminates or porcelain veneers can provide patients with a permanent dental whitening alternative. A dental consultation is the first step in achieving your goal. During your consultation, Doc Kelly will explain which method is most likely to meet your goals.
Teeth Whitening Process
Whitening is a process that involves placing a bleaching solution in contact with the teeth, causing the oxidation of stains and resulting in white and brighter teeth. There are a variety of systems that are available to whiten teeth. After trying various systems, Doc Kelly uses a take-home whitening system of custom-trays and solution to be used at your convenience. Not only does this whitening produce the most lasting results as compared to in-office whitening systems, but the trays are reusable.
Kelly Cook suggests that to achieve the best results, whitening should be done after your regular cleaning appointment so that stains will have been removed during the cleaning procedure by your dental hygienist.
We offer a free teeth whitening consultation.